SUBMISSIONS FOR VOLUME 1 ARE NOW CLOSED.
Submission for Volume 2 are open .We aim to publish Vol. 2 in early summer 2020. PLEASE NOTE THE GUIDELINES.
Writer Shed Press is always open to submissions of short prose to be considered for Writer Shed Stories, a Kindle-only e-journal that can be read on computer, tablet, or any mobile phone through the Kindle App.
We are looking for stories that leave lasting impressions.
How to Submit
- All submissions must to delivered in the body of an email. No attachments, please. Emails with attachments will be deleted.
- Stories are limited to 2500 words..
- We accept fiction, memoir, and creative nonfiction. No children’s stories, no erotica, no gratuitous violence. Previously published material will not be accepted unless you are the sole owner of the publishing rights.
- Poetry is considered but on a limited basis.
- Include a short author bio (200 words at most) with your submission.
- Write “Submission” in the subject line of the email.
- Payments of $20 will be offered to writers whose work is selected for publication. We pay only through the Venmo app. You must have the app to accept payment. It is a free downloadable mobile-based application and can be found in your App store or at the link provided above.
Send all submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to reading your stories!