SUBMISSIONS FOR WRITER SHED STORIES VOLUME 2 ARE NOW CLOSED
We aim to publish Vol. 2 in the fall of 2020. The release date is November 1. All writers with accepted work will be notified by August 1,2020.
Vo.l. 3 SUBMISSIONS WILL BE OPEN IN THE SPRING OF 2021.
PLEASE NOTE THE GUIDELINES.
Writer Shed Press is open to submissions of short prose to be considered for Writer Shed Stories, a Kindle-only e-journal that can be read on computer, tablet, or any mobile phone through the Kindle App.
We are looking for stories that leave lasting impressions, and in 2020 we are considering fiction, personal essays, and this year, poetry that is directly or loosely linked to the theme of LOVE AND SACRIFICE. All prose should be no more than 2500 words.
How to Submit
- All submissions must to delivered in the body of an email. (firstname.lastname@example.org) No attachments, please. Emails with attachments will be deleted.
- Stories are limited to 2500 words. Essays, creative nonfiction, fiction, and poetry will all be accepted as considered submissions.
- No children’s stories, no erotica, no gratuitous violence. Previously published material will not be accepted unless you are the sole owner of the publishing rights.
- Include a short author bio (200 words at most) with your submission.
- Write “Submission” in the subject line of the email.
- Payments of $20 will be offered to writers whose work is selected for publication. We pay only through the Venmo app. You must have the app to accept payment. It is a free downloadable mobile-based application and can be found in your App store or at the link provided above.
Send all submissions to: email@example.com
We look forward to reading your stories!