Submissions will reopen for Volume 4 in the spring of 2022. Watch for special submission opportunities before then.
PLEASE NOTE THE GUIDELINES.
Writer Shed Press is open to submissions of short prose and poetry to be considered for our annual paperback and ebook journal.
We are looking for stories that leave lasting impressions, and consider fiction, creative nonfiction, personal essays, and poetry. All prose should be no more than 2000 words. Please submit only two poems of no more than 30 lines each.
How to Submit
- All submissions must be delivered in the body of an email. (email@example.com) No attachments, please. Emails with attachments will be deleted.
- Stories are limited to 2000 words. Essays, creative nonfiction, fiction, and poetry will all be accepted as considered submissions. Please submit no more than two poems, each no longer than 30 lines.
- No children’s stories, no erotica, no gratuitous violence. Previously published material will not be accepted unless you are the sole owner of the publishing rights. All writers accepted will retain rights.
- Include a short author bio (200 words at most) with your submission.
- Write “Submission” in the subject line of the email.
- Payments of $20 will be offered to writers whose work is selected for publication. We pay through Venmo app or PayPal only. You must either app to accept payment.
Send all submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to reading your stories!