EXTENDED SUBMISSION DEADLINE. JUNE 30,2022
Writer Shed Press is accepting submissions for book-length manuscripts. We are planning our second full-length book release in 2023. Submissions are open now for creative nonfiction works.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Creative nonfiction/memoir on the broad themes of nature, wilderness, wide open spaces, and how the natural world meets the human world; how this relationship makes us whole. Tells us a story of travel, of solitude, or embedding oneself in wild spaces. Stories of walks, hikes, cabins, animals, birds, trees, flowers, mountains, the sea—make us want to see how nature heals and restores us both physically and emotionally. Surprise us.
- The full manuscript should be no more than 60,000 words and complete.
- Should be a work of creative nonfiction. No fiction or poetry.
- The story(stories) should be based broadly on the description above.
- The manuscript must NOT have been published previously. (Portions published as separate entities are permitted)
- Submit the first chapter ONLY embedded in the email. (NO attachments) If we like what we read we will ask for the full manuscript. Because of the volume of submissions we cannot respond to every submission. If you do not hear from us by August 1, 2022, we have determined that your work is not right for us at this times. However, feel free to reach out three months after submission if you have not heard from Writer Shed Press.
- In your submission include: Full contact information, a brief bio, word count of your full manuscript, and the first chapter only (as noted above..
- Author retains copyright.
- Book will be published in 2023.
- This is a traditional publishing contact. There is no cost to the author. Royalty details will be disclosed in the formal offer.
- We are a small press and are looking for authors who agree to take on self-promotion of the book along with us. We hope to establish a partnership.
We encourage new authors to submit.
Submit at: email@example.com SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED BEGINNING March 1, 2022, DEADLINE: June 30, 2022.
WRITER SHED STORIES: VOLUME 3 Second Thoughts Now Available!
Writers in this edition: Mark Bruce, John Guzlowski, Megan Mary Moore, Simon Plant, Jenna Klobucher, E.H. Warrington, Sherry Shahan, Maryam El-Shall, Chris Kok, Mark Blickley, John Muro, Emily West, Amy Gordon, Lucy Zhang.
Buy Vol. 2. at Amazon and selected independent bookstores.
Also from WRITER SHED PRESS.
WRITER SHED STORIES, Vol. 1 (Paperback, 2019)
Eleven writers from all over the world offer fiction and creative nonfiction in the inaugural edition of this literary collection.
Contributing writers: Floyd Sullivan, Maria L. Berg, Nick Young, Laura Young, Andrew Cairns, Iliana Genkova, Veryan Williams-Wynn, Cody Sexton, Esperanza Smith, Sandra Colbert, and Randy Kim.
The top-reviewed novel’s re-release..
Jake Mulholland dreams of becoming the next great rock ‘n’ roll radio personality. But like his father, his appetite for love conflicts with his thirst for success, leading to an unforgivable mistake. Jake finds fame but also the excess of celebrity, and just as he begins to rediscover his authentic self, he’s shaken by the news of a life-altering secret. In an effort for redemption, Jake plans a special New Year’s Eve broadcast that will be the biggest challenge of his life.
Night Radio is a love letter to music and rock ‘n’ roll radio of the 1970s, the story of an American boy and an American family, and of dreams just out of our reach.
WRITER SHED STORIES, Vol. 1 @Amazon.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR STORIES.
See SUBMISSION guidelines for Vol. 3 2021.
This year’s theme: LOVE AND SACRIFICE.
Writer Shed Press publishes Writer Shed Stories, a journal of selected prose—fiction, essays, creative nonfiction, and poetry. We deliver short prose in both ebook and paperback.
All writers are paid for accepted work.
The goal of Writer Shed Press is to publish stories with lasting impressions.
See SUBMISSIONS for details.
We look forward to reading your work. And we encourage discussion here at our site about the journal, writing, publishing, and creative work of all kinds. Also visit: The Writer Shed @ Medium.